December 24, 2013

merry


Our power came on at 1:15pm today.
It went off at 8:45 Sunday morning.

We were lucky -
Fella bought a generator so the first night we had lights and internet
the second night he hooked it up to our furnace so we had heat.

But today, 
when the power came back on, 
I felt more excited than a child on Christmas morning.

This has been a hard year.
I wanted a quiet holiday
and to just get through it 
(because, you see, my Dad died two months ago tomorrow.)
But the storm and the lack of power
it got me down.
Fella was amazing. 
But me?
Not so amazing.

I hope to get back to blogging in the coming weeks.
I need to turn things around
to make life better
as much as I can.

So Merry Christmas everyone.

I hope you have heat
and lights
and lots to eat
(and I know that many do not)
and I do count myself lucky.
I just need some time to heal
before I can get back to living again.
And I hope
that when I am better
I'm better than usual.
I need to make some changes and I know that I can.

My wish for you is that your holiday is everything you hope it will be.



No comments: