November 19, 2013

now

The truth is,
I don't know what to say.
Or how to say it.
I've told people
I've said it out loud
but it doesn't get any easier.

But here it is ~

my father died on October 25th.

It was sudden.
It is terribly, terribly sad.
It is worse than I ever imagined.

I wasn't sure if I should write about it
if I could
but how can I not?
I carry it with me every hour.

I don't know where to go from here.
Or how to go from here.
I move from day to day
and the days blend together.
My brain doesn't work quite the same as it did before.
Before.

Each day I feel a small shock
when I remember
and it's like my breath has been stolen away.
They are both gone now.
And who am I - now that I am no one's child?


It's been 3 weeks.



feel
so
lost.



And I miss them.




1 comment:

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Oh my gosh. That is just hearbreaking. I'm so sorry that you have been going through this.

Thinking of you...