Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Grandma's Superhero Therapy

I decided that I need some new regular reading material.
Expand my horizons a little.
Learn some stuff.
I came upon a site called 
and have since put it into my regular rotation.

It's a site of my favorite things 
art
design
photography
(which I happen to think is art)

They featured one collection called Grandma's Superhero Therapy.
A photographer named Sacha Goldberger discovered that his grandmother Frederika was depressed and lonely.
To cheer her up, he dressed her up as a superhero and photographed her in a variety of poses and scenarios, depicting her incredible strength and her life as a superhero.








Apparently the photos went viral:

With the unexpected success of this series, titled "Mamika" (or grandma in Hungarian), Goldberger created a MySpace page for her. She now has over 2,200 friends and receives messages like: "You're the grandmother that I have dreamed of, would you adopt me?" and " You made my day, I hope to be like you at your age."


The photos are hilarious
but touching at the same time.

You can see more photos here.
You can also check out Sacha's website here.

No comments: