January 04, 2013

charge!


New River Gorge National Park, West Virginia
There's a funny theme in blog world in this early year.
A lot of bloggers out there seem to have both feet planted 
and a "let me at it" "let's do this thing" type of approach to the challenges (and hopes) that lie ahead.

I found it kind of funny at first
but it's also kind of charming.

I get that the new year can be daunting.
We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to be super productive and accomplish everything 
we set out to do
and I think that since many of us lucky ducks have had some time off to recharge and clear our brains
we feel better prepared going in.

I hope my year is successful.
I realized today that I've been thinking lately, for perhaps the first time in my life
that I am up to the challenges that lie ahead.
And that I can do whatever I set my mind to.

I am ready.