January 14, 2013

Book #2 of 2013: The Paris Wife by Paula McLain


I've wanted to read The Paris Wife for quite awhile.
In fact, I bought it as gifts for my mother-in-law and aunt-in-law
And it was a hit with them both
but I never got around to picking up a copy for myself.

This is a really good book.
I enjoyed it from start to finish.
It made me dislike Ernest Hemingway even more than I thought I already did
but regardless - it's interesting because of the time it's set in (the 1920's)
the characters who appear (Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, Ezra Pound, Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald)
and witnessing this ordinary woman enter into a completely different life and seeing how she navigated her way through.

It's an easy read.
It's captivating.
I would buy it as a gift again.

We have a winner.

No comments: