December 31, 2012

It's the End of the Year As We Know It...

Well well.

Here we are again.

The last day of the year.

Out with the old

in with the new.

That was my commitment last new year's.
Out with the old and in with the new.

In a lot of ways - I was successful with my resolutions.

I changed it up.
I made it stick.

 And there were other adventures that I never could have predicted:

We drove 6300 kms to Florida and back.

I bought a new bike. (The nicest bike I have ever owned.)

I biked 200 kms on the new bike. It was the most difficult and most rewarding vacation I have ever had.

We made a trip home to visit my father. It was good to be home.

I read a lot this year. I think my count was 34 or 35. I'm going to try for 50 in 2013.

In August, fella and I decided to give up sugar. I'd been having a lot of back problems and I blamed my weight. I was at the heaviest weight I'd ever hit. I was struggling with trying to tell myself that I was ok as I was but at the same time aware that I really wasn't, physically. I was trying to be confident but knew I had to make a change.
So I did.
I proposed giving up sugar to fella and he said he was onboard 100%.

Here's the update - in 5 months I've lost 25lbs.

I feel amazing.

(well - truth be told, I have been indulging a bit over the last week but that's coming to an end, pronto.)
Giving up sugar was the best thing we could have done.
We both feel so much better. More energy, no blood sugar spikes, no cravings.
It's been the easiest change I've ever made.
Some of my physical ailments have eased and some things have changed that I never would have thought of.
(both of us went to the dentist in November and our hygienists asked what we were doing differently. The sugar was the only thing we could think of. Neither of us had any buildup on our teeth. Neither of us made any changes in how we clean our teeth. Isn't that interesting? You just never know how it will change you.)

I am looking forward to 2013.

I hope to drop more weight.
Go on more bike trips - perhaps out east this year
and explore the possibilities of my new favorite word - simplicity.

I hope you are happy on this new year's eve.
And perhaps filled with anticipation for all of the possibilities that it holds for you.
And that, if not all, one or two of your dreams come true.



1 comment:

Shannon said...

Happy New Year!
25 lbs is incredible! I am back to eating clean and it makes such a difference! I brought back yogurt ...Greek yogurt...I love it.

I got through 50 books in 2012! Actually 51!