Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Seduction by Catherine Gildiner

I loved Catherine Gildiner's memoirs.
They were funny
and sad
and kind of unbelievable.
Very entertaining.

So when I saw this at the second hand bookstore
I thought it was worth a go.


This is a novel.

It's about Freud
and murder
and criminals
and world travel.

It's interesting, complicated and very smart
but I don't know if I would give it a resounding whoop!

I feel like I got through this book.
I enjoyed it
but once I was finished,
there was no looking back
(and I was kind of glad to see the end of it.)

So take this as you will.
If you'd like to learn more about Freud, then jump in.
If you find it tiresome that all of the characters in the book are unbelievably brilliant (and attractive)
then it's not the one for you.

Over to you.


No comments: