October 11, 2012

young hearts crying by RIchard Yates

The first Richard Yates book I read was Revolutionary Road.
I loved it.
Couldn't put it down.

So I picked up another one by the same author -

Young Hearts Crying

I don't know what it is.
Maybe all of his books are kind of the same.
The characters have similar traits - 
mental health issues
infidelity
lack of direction

They are not very nice people
but you can't let them go.
What poor decision will they make next?
When will they learn?

They are set in the 40's and 50's but aren't dated at all.
They are current, which I find fascinating.

I think some will love and some will hate these books.
I'm in the love club.

I can't wait to read the next one. 
I think the author was a genius and I'm pleased as punch that he wrote quite a few
because I think I'll read them all.

It's a keeper for me.
Look for them in second hand bookstores - you can usually find a few
but even at full price, you probably won't regret it.



No comments: