July 23, 2012

Not Donnie Brasco

This weekend fella and I watched a couple of movies.
Originally we were going to watch Chinatown
because I've never seen it
but the copy we had wasn't playing properly so we went to the next in the list.

I haven't watched a lot of David Lynch movies
because frankly, they are too weird to be worth it.

I had hopes for this one
but it quickly descended into the more weird than worth category.

If anyone knows what this movie is about
please do share.



We also watched this one:


I usually confuse Donnie Darko with Donnie Brasco.
And even when I don't
I still assumed that it was a gangster movie.

It isn't.

This is a really good movie.
It has both of the Gyllenhals
a bit of scary
an evil bunny
and great music.
What more could you want?


The rest of the weekend was spent in the basement.
And thus
I hesitantly proclaim -

WE HAVE CONQUERED THE BASEMENT!

Stuff?
sorted

Junk?
tossed

Floor and counter surfaces?
bare.

How do I feel?
relieved.

Really, really relieved.

We're almost ready for guests!




No comments: