April 18, 2012

Everything We Ever Wanted by Sara Shepard

I've admitted here before that I enjoy certain books and tv shows that aren't necessarily aimed at my demographic
(meaning I read teen books and watch Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars - ok?)
But when I saw this book by Sara Shepard (of Pretty Little Liars fame) and saw that it was actually for adults
I snapped it up.
(It was also only $4.99 at BMV)



The woman likes to write about wealthy families with dark truths who live in Pennsylvania.
It's a theme.
But you know?
It's not bad.
She doles out the story in dribs and drabs
and I feel like I am really getting to know the characters and better understand their motivations.

I'm about a third of the way through and am enjoying it.
It's perfect for my subway rides to and from work
and in the few minutes before I go to sleep at night.

It's no turn-down-the-corners-and underline-passages
the way
But I like it.
And think it was money well spent.

Update:
In the end, I found this book kind of depressing.
I didn't really like, well, any of the characters
and so, I didn't feel a whole lot of compassion for their plight.
Kind of an interesting story
but not at all what I thought it would be.
So there you go.
If you find it on sale, well, you decide.

No comments: