March 20, 2012

A Test of Wills

You know how there are things that are good
and you enjoy doing them
but you have to force yourself to do them anyway?

That's how I'm feeling about 
A Game of Thrones.


I mean,
it's good
but honestly,
it's taking me forever to get through it.

I kind of just want it to be over.

I got on the subway this morning
and the guy I sat next to was reading one of the other books in this series.
He saw what I was reading 
and I saw what he was reading
and I said 
"Good choice"
(I don't know why I said it. I didn't really mean it.)
He shyly said 
"It's hard to put down, isn't it?"
And I smiled and said,
"It is"
all the while thinking,
"not really."

We carried on.
He got up to get off at his stop and he said
"have a good day"
and I smiled and said,
"thanks, you too."

And then he said,
"the story gets better."

And I thought - 
AH HAH!
It's not just me after all!
It is plodding
and confusing
and really, really long.

So I have hope.

And only about 50 pages to go.



1 comment:

Shannon said...

I read them when they first came out so I had to wait for the next book. I was hooked!!!