March 27, 2012

Barbie and Ken

I loved,
I mean LOVED
Barbies
when I was a kid.

I still have a whole bunch of my Barbie stuff
and I'm grappling with what to do with it all.

Part of me says "Pitch it!"
(the part that usually starts wheezing
when I see the stack of Rubbermaids in the basement)
but something keeps me holding on.


Finding this site didn't help in the least:


A photographer named David Parise did a series of photos
where he posed vintage Barbie and Ken dolls in their original outfits
in hilarious scenarios
and interractions.





There's something for everyone!



The prices aren't bad either.
It's only $40 for an 11.5 x 17
which I think is pretty reasonable.

Maybe I need to limit my art purchases to one per month?

Or at least until I have framed and hung all that I already have?

It's so hard to resist....

If you're like me and still harbour a crush on Barbie,
check them out!


No comments: