January 26, 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I think that, in January, one needs to read books that have the following elements:

A. Adventure!
B. Mystery!
C. A little romance perhaps?


At this time of year, we all need something to distract us from the grey of the outside world.

This book delivers.


I'm not going to say it's perfect.
There were a few disappointments.
And a few predictions I made
that came true.

But if you love photography
and you allow your disbelief to be suspended
then you can't help but get caught up in the story.

I'd read about these characters again
and it's a good thing because one of my predictions is that there will be a sequel.

Now that I've finished the book I want to look up more about the author and the photographs he used
because they are amazing. I didn't want to do it while I was reading it so I could allow that whole disbelief thing to be suspended.

It's a great winter read.
Pick it up to curl up in bed and disappear into for a little while.
Maybe when you wake it will be spring!




No comments: