December 30, 2011

It's a ringer

I don't have cable so I often discover shows long after they've established themselves.

Have you seen Ringer?



I can't say it's profound or even close to, say, Dexter or Mad Men
or even the best acting, to be honest.

But it's pretty good in a hokey, unbelievable kind of way
and the fashions are great.

And I love Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Have done so ever since the Buffy days.



I highly recommend it if you're all caught up on Gossip Girl and looking for some froth.
Isn't that what everyone needs in January?


2 comments:

polly - goodneighbour@hotmail.ca said...

Ringer - LOVE IT!! My mother-n-law told me about it, I saw one episode on tv then searched for and saw the previous ones on Youtube. From what I understand, the story is taken from an old b&w move called "Dead Ringer"- which is a good movie too.

Jane's Next Door said...

Oooh! I'll have to check out the movie! Thanks for the tip!
It's actually a much more clever show than I'd expected. I can't wait for it to start up again!