November 02, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Last week I got a comment from Shannon at 8foot6 saying she'd awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award!



I'd never heard of it before but all you have to do is tell 7 things about yourself and pass the award on to 15 others.

It is, essentially, bloggy chain mail. But so much fun!

It's been hard to come up with 7 things that I haven't written about already. Mainly because, while I appreciate the use of the word "versatile" I sometimes think "random" more aptly suits.

Without further ado, here they are~

7 things:

1. When I was little, I wanted to be a ballerina. Upon topping out at 5 foot 10 at 14 and having very flat feet, I knew this wasn't going to happen. But I still loved it.

2. My name isn't Jane. It's Kathryn. My mom said she always wanted to have a daughter named Kathy (which was weird because she had three daughters before me as well as a bunch of others - see #7) but she named me Kathryn in case I became prime minister. More fancy.
(No one but my family calls me Kathy, nor should they.)

3. My favorite movie is "A Room With A View."

4. Cherries and ice cream are my two favorite foods. I also love cherry ice cream.

5. When I moved to Toronto, I only knew 3 people, one of whom I was subletting a room from because she was out of town. I didn't have a place to live beyond the first month of being here. And I had no plan. It obviously all worked out but in retrospect I realized that I really had no idea what I was doing when I moved here and the whole thing was a little crazy. And uncharacteristic of me. It makes me feel lucky.

6. I am the youngest in my family. My oldest sibling (my brother) and I are the only two who have blue eyes. We are also the only two who are left handed.

7. I'm the 7th of 7 children.

And now I get to pay it forward!

In no particular order....

1. Aubrey and Lindsay's Little House Blog
2. Gracefully Searching
3. Layers of Meaning
4. Story of My Life
5. Wallpaper
6. thank you, ok
7. edie.b.life
(this is a kick in the pants missy! get blogging!)
8. home is me
9. the wild and wily ways of a brunette bombshell
10. Sassymonkey

I can only come up with 10. Is that bad? There are some other blogs out there that I love but they've already been tagged so...

Thanks again Shannon!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Lefty 7th of 7! That must make you some sort of case study!!


I LOVE cherries too!

Did this post take forever to write, or what? It did for me!

Jane's Next Door said...

It totally took me forever! It's amazing how hard these things can be considering I talk about myself so much. I guess I'm more selective than I thought! :)

Jenni @ Story of My Life said...

Thanks so much girl!! I am honored. <3

I'm always looking for great movies to watch, and I haven't seen A Room With A View! I'll have to check it out. :)