November 30, 2011

One Day by David Nicholls

I'm often wary of something that is super popular.

I wonder if it's popularity will, in fact, make it more ordinary?
I steered clear of this book for awhile because I saw that it had been made into a movie starring Anne Hathaway.
I don't have anything against Anne Hathaway but again - the movie might make it less than impressive.

I found a used copy in a second hand store.

I was wrong to wait.
I loved loved loved this book.
It's a great story.
The characters are wonderfully flawed.
Just when I thought I knew what was going to happen
the author surprised me.

I couldn't put it down.
But I didn't want it to end.

This would be a great book to read over the holidays.
Or on a beach during a winter holiday.
Or as a gift for Christmas!
Or a birthday!

You get what I'm saying.

It's really good.

Enjoy.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

I enjoyed this book...I just watched the movie over the weekend - meh...

not a fan of anne