November 10, 2011

Move-ember Check in


Now that we're almost halfway through the month of November, I thought I'd update you on how I'm doing with my committment to overall health and well being and, of course, running.

Three words:

I feel fantastic!

Three more words:

I love running.

I never thought I would say that. But I do. I went out on Tuesday and had my best run yet.
I can't wait to see how good I can get.
I'm a pokey runner. I trudge along.
But I get there eventually.
And on Tuesday I ran longer in one stretch than I have in years.

I love being outside.
I love the independence of running - no gear, just you hauling your body along.
You start out feeling heavy and get lighter as you make your way.
I don't listen to music as I run
so I can measure my breathing.
Stick to a pattern to keep from feeling like my heart is going to explode.

I felt like a million bucks on Tuesday.

In addition to that - I've been eating better, sleeping better, feeling happier.

I feel like I think I should feel.

I'm proud of myself for sticking to it.
And finding a way to do it that works for me.

For once - I feel balanced.
Which is what I've been looking for all along.

(P.S. If anyone has tips for winter running. Send them along.
I'm a little scared of the winter running but I can't give up now!)

1 comment:

Lindsay R said...

i'm impressed that you love running. i do not like it but i'll telll i sure love the feeling after a good run. cheers to better health!
and sorry, i don't have any tips for you as far as running in winter. good luck though!

Lindsay