October 04, 2011

morning

Time, time, time
See what's become of me
While I looked around
For my possibilities
I was so hard to please...

Ah time. How I miss you. You are always present but always fleeting, too.

You know what I miss the most? (well, today, anyway.)

Morning time.

My mornings are very structured. And very early.

I get up at 6.

I get in the shower.

By the time I get out of the shower, my coffee is ready.

I go get my one (large) cup of coffee, take it back upstairs. Sip while prepping my hair, face, self for the day. (I also listen to the radio.)
Once finished with all that - I get dressed, gather my bag and other necessities and head downstairs. Grab my lunch and breakfast out of the fridge (usually prepped the night before) stuff it in my bag.
Peer out the window to see if it's raining.
If it isn't, I get on my bike and hightail it to the subway.
If it appears to be raining, I pause to assess whether or not I can dodge the rain enough to not be soaked by the time I get to the subway. If it's impossible - I walk.
Get on the subway. Read for subway ride. Arrive at work (hopefully early so I don't have to talk to anyone right away.)
And the day goes on.

Really?
How dreary.

But here's what I miss.

I miss the mornings of Saturdays. When you have time to cuddle the cats (even though they don't want you to) and inhale the aroma of your coffee rather than wait for it to hit your bloodstream.
I miss watching the sun come up (although this morning that was happening as I pedalled through the park.)
I miss the feeling of any leisure
of easing into the day.
There are benefits of working 8 to 4 everyday
but sometimes I wish for a little more time.

To catch up.
To calm down.

No comments: