October 14, 2011

The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides

Jeffrey Eugenides is one of my favorite writers.

I loved Middlesex.
It's an amazing, epic read.
(And he won the Pulitzer for it so, it's not just me that thinks so.)

I was terribly excited when I heard that he had another novel coming out.
It's been nine years.
That's a long time.

But here it is!



It came out on Tuesday.

I bought it on Wednesday.

It's really good so far.
It's made me laugh out loud twice already.
That's a good sign.

I'm also going to see him speak at the Toronto Reference Library's author series on October 24th.

Here's the link if you're interested:

(I think it's sold out. Boo.)

I'm also going to see Alan Hollinghurst on November 1st.
He's pretty good too.

That's my book update of the day!

Review of Beach Music to follow.
Let's just say - it was not music to my ears, or eyes, or...something.

No comments: