August 25, 2011

not my day

today has not started off so well.

I got dressed this morning in a dress I haven't worn all summer.
One of the straps broke.
(let me amend that first sentence - it's a dress I haven't worn ever.)

I went to cut up some peaches to take to work.
I couldn't find the lid for the container so I said "Forget it!!!!" and wrapped them in some paper towel.
(They arrived with me, dented and bruised.)

I was feeling a little tired today so I stopped to get some coffee.
As I dug through my purse, I realized I didn't have my wallet.
I neglected to transfer it from my bootcamp bag last night.

For the first time this week, I didn't bring my lunch.
I don't have any money.
Do you see where this is going?

On my subway ride, I was plowing through this
because it is so, so good
and I almost started crying because it was so sad and so beautifully written.
It's rare that I cry on the subway
(frankly, I'm not much of a crier so overall it's rare)

I'm hoping that things only go up from here
but I know this, I sure am going to be hungry by the time I get home!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: