August 22, 2011

Drood

Believe it.
I finally finished this book.

It was great.
I know it took me forever to read it.
It rarely takes me that long to finish a book but I think it's a good thing that I could pick it up and read a couple of pages here and there and still get totally into it.
I just haven't spend a lot of time reading this summer
(which is more honest than saying I haven't had the time.
Because I have - I just spent it watching Dexter, True Blood and Pretty Little Liars....

But I would totally recommend this one.
Especially if you like historical fiction (and are sick of queens) or Dickens
but not so much if you're a fan of Wilkie Collins.
(He doesn't come off so well in this story.)

And now I'm on to this:


It will definitely be a faster read
mostly because it's light enough to travel with me on the subway....



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! SO glad you read Drood and loved it. What a fantastic book!