May 09, 2011

happy monday

I had a great weekend.

I didn't get to do all of the things I wanted to do

but the weather was beautiful
and I got to spend 3 hours outside working in the garden yesterday

and I felt like a million bucks. (sure my back hurt and my shoulders were a bit pink but I barely felt it.)

Spring is warming up, my tulips are exploding and my grass now has some extra seed.

I took lots of pictures which I'll upload tonight.

When I woke up this morning I remembered - this is why I wanted a house.

To putter.
To make things grow.
To feel the sunshine on my cheeks
and smell all of the smells of things coming alive.

I made time this morning to eat breakfast and look our at the back yard
and I could feel oodles of energy bursting under my skin.
I want to be outside all the time.(that's what a rainy, cold April will do to you.)

I feel, for lack of a better phrase, reborn.
I feel like myself again. And it's a relief.

It's going to be a good summer.

No comments: