May 02, 2011

Favorite Things

One of my favorite ways to start the day is to wake up kind of early
make some coffee
then take a cup back to bed, snuggle in
and read a good book.

I was able to do this yesterday and it reminded me
of how important it is to slow down.

I can be very lazy
but I also have a hard time sitting still.
I can't sit and do nothing.
My mind races
and the wheels churn - I should be doing this I could be doing that look at that big dust bunny on the floor I need to vacuum - again (it's shedding season. With two kitties, I could vacuum every hour and there would still be winter fluff in the corners.) And off I go. Sprinting to and fro.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually efficient at all.

I used to "lay-in" all the time
but that was before
before fella
before house
before kitties

before I felt the need to make things perfect
(when did that happen? And why do I cling to it? Because they never are, actually.)
But it felt so good - to give myself permission to stop
and relax.
And listen to the snores of fergus and fella (because yes, they both snore.)

And read as much as I could before I had to get up and go again.
Perfect.

No comments: