April 27, 2011

Sold!


We went to an auction on Saturday
(honestly, one of our favorite ways to spend a Saturday looking at and bidding on old stuff...)
As I mentioned before, we blew the budget
but don't regret a thing.

There were 4 or 5 of these.
They weigh about 60lbs each.
Initially we took a shine to them because the cases are beautiful
but once we got them home
it was the butterflies that stole our hearts.

It's an amazing collection.

We got two at $45 each



On Friday night, I dreamt about going to the auction.
There was only one thing of all the many things that I wanted.

And it was this:


It was the best $25 I've ever spent.


So cheeky!

When I got home I did some googling and discovered that it's from a barware set from the 50's.
You can also get a cocktail shaker and little glasses.
Needless to say - I will be hunting for a set of those....

The funny thing about the dream was that fella told me that I couldn't have the pink elephant ice tub.
"But it's the only thing I want!" " I cried.

"Doesn't matter." He said.
"You can't have it."

Now luckily - this would never really happen.
But I knew it had to be mine!
And now it is.


We also scored these Fire King dishes .
I'd never seen this pattern before.
The pictures aren't great but they are actually quite delicate and lovely.
(and useful! The one on the left is now our butter dish.)
$15 each



This was kind of a surprise buy.
I could see it hanging on the wall
and loved the shape of it.
The colour is a bit iffy
but I think it will be a great addition to our home.






No comments: