April 12, 2011

Smashed by Koren Zailckas


I finished this last week.

It was quite different than I thought it would be.

It wasn't melodramatic
or tragic
or over the top.
It was sad and real
and recognizable.
I enjoyed it and would recommend it
but I'm not sure exactly who I'd recommend it to
which is strange for me.
I gave it to fella to read.
Perhaps he'll be more coherent in his assessment than I am.....

Now I'm starting on this:



I don't read a lot of "classics"
so it will be an interesting departure for me.
I have read some Dickens (namely, Nicholas Nickleby, which I adore)
but not a lot
and not recently
so we'll see how it goes.

I'm reading it in preparation for this:


My friend recommended it and I thought I should read the story it's based on
before reading it.
So here I go.




No comments: