April 16, 2011

I don't usually pay a lot of heed to horoscopes
(because I think it's a lot of hogwash, frankly)
but I read mine in the Globe this morning
and horoscope or no,
it's some pretty good advice:

AQUARIUS (Jan. 21 - Feb. 19):
There is a lot going on behind the scenes at the moment but none of it concerns you directly, so why worry? Focus on what is happening in front of your eyes and find ways you can be a force for good in the world.
This rings true with what's going on in my little world.
Work is upside down most of the time these days
(or at least that's the way it feels)
but there's absolutely nothing I can do about it
and I'm letting it affect me far more than I should.
I bring home the worry
and quickly lose track of things that make me feel good.

I often feel put out because I feel left out
but perhaps I should turn it around
and be grateful that at this point
I don't need to be involved
(because really, those who are are mostly just complaining about it so it's not like it sounds like a lot of fun)

I realize that I'm kind of talking in code

but this week - I developed a problem with my breathing
(mainly that I feel like I can't get a decent amount of breath)
that I think is largely due to stress
My body feels stiff and like something that is separate from me
and I feel like I'm sleepwalking.

The new Real Simple arrive yesterday and it has the words:


energize your life

across a large yellow flower.

I haven't read the article yet,
but I'm hopeful.
It couldn't have come at a better time.

Yesterday I bought a yoga video.


I'm hopeful that it will help me get back in touch a bit
and de-stress.
The weekend has started off right - I slept in and I feel better.
I made pumpkin bread
and we're going to go check out lumber
to plan for the fence that we're going to build in the back yard
(if it ever stops raining)
so that we don't have to look at this all the time:


(have  I mentioned that our neighbours keep chickens? 
They are not cute.
They are stinky and unpleasant.)

Happy weekend all - the weather is the pits
but at least I'm at home with my family
instead of at work!

No comments: