April 01, 2011


Happy weekend friends! 
Do you love pussy willows as much as I do?
They are one of my favorites.

Plans for the weekend?
Mine started off tonight with the sheer excitement of doing some laundry
(I was going to do our taxes but I decided against it. I'm going to paint my nails instead.)

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be beautiful
and in the afternoon I'm going to a bridal shower for an old friend who I haven't seen in years.
It's a bit odd, perhaps. I was invited to the shower but not the wedding
(or at least I'm assuming I'm not invited to the wedding since it's next month).
I'm choosing to rise above the weirdness and think of it as an opportunity to reconnect with someone I've fallen out of touch with
but I admit, initially, I think I'm going to feel a bit strange.

I'm very untraditional
so I often don't get how these things work. 
Is it normal to invite people to the shower but not to the wedding?
I don't even know where she's getting married
(she doesn't live here but she's from here.

Anyway - I bought her some pretty plates from Crate and Barrel and I'll put on a party dress and be on my best behaviour and see how it goes.

Enjoy your weekend!


P.S. My pedometer arrived today so I'm ready for my challenge! It starts on Monday!

No comments: