January 01, 2011

New Year New Photo


So as you may have noticed, I've changed the photo above.
I thought I'd change it up since it's a new year.
It's a photo of my parents way back in the day. (1950 maybe? can't confirm)
My dad owned a gas station back when they were first starting out and I'm pretty sure that's where they are in this photo.
I think what I love most about the photo is how bossy my mom looks.
And how sleepy my dad looks. He looks like he'll just do whatever she says.
This cracks me up.
My parents had a long married life together.
They were high school sweethearts and had seven children together.
They were married for 40 years
and although I'm happy that my dad has found another woman who makes him very happy
I'm sure that my parents would still be together if my mother was still alive.
All in all
it's a great photo.
And I thought it would be a great addition to my little blog.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

some things never change!!! i am sure these expressions have been exchanged at our house

wonderful pic! wonderful sentiment!

happy new year (i am soooo tired)

ediebeehive said...

this picture is perfect.
also, your father looks like Don Draper. don't hate me for saying that. you've got a mighty fine looking family.

Jane's Next Door said...

Aw gee thanks! My Dad was pretty debonnaire (Ok I don't know how to spell that word). There's something pretty magical about photography during that era. Love it!