January 31, 2011

great gifts

My fella surprised me today by telling me that he wanted to buy me a new camera for my birthday.
He knows I really like photography and that I was a bit frustrated by the limitations of my current camera.
It's an Olympus point and shoot and it's great to have - I carry it with me all the time - but when I want to do something more, I can't get much out of it.

I'd been thinking of buying one but they are an investment and thought I'd save some pennies and get it within the next year.
He knows I wouldn't spend that much on myself in one fell swoop. On him? Yes. But on myself? Never.

Here's what I picked:

It's a Nikon D3100.

It came with an AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55 mm lens. 
(I don't really know what all of that means but I'm sure it will mean something to me soon!)

As soon as the battery charged, I started shooting.
No, I have no idea what I"m doing
but it sure will be fun learning!

Being forty isn't so scary after all!


No comments: