January 03, 2011

Gone Baby Gone

Last April a building downtown partially fell down
 and it seemed like nothing was ever going to be done about it.
Well today all that changed.


It's a shame, really. Apparently the building was 100 years old. And with Ryerson taking over that corner (they bought Sam the Record Man and are making it into a student centre)I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they buy this corner too.
This photo was taken at 8 a.m. this morning. I was on my way to work and trying to figure out how to get to Yonge and Gerrard with all of the streets blocked off.
I also got interviewed by some reporter and I swear, not a single coherent sentence came out of my mouth.
It was cold, I have a cold and my head felt like it was in a mist.
I kept thinking -
I'm going to look like an idiot.

I think I was right.
At least I got to come home early and avoid smoke inhalation.

No comments: