January 17, 2011

the birth house by ami mckay

I know I said I was going to read 'The Elegance of the Hedgehog" next.

But this book fell off my shelf onto my toe on the weekend.


So when I picked it up and gave it a once over
I decided to give it a go.
I feel some sort of obligation to read this book.
I think it's because the author is from Nova Scotia.
and I'm from Nova Scotia.
No, I don't know her
and no I didn't grow up in the area where the story is set
but still.
She's a Bluenoser.
I'm a Bluenoser.

There's really not much more to it than that.

So far, it's pretty good.
Sometimes I get tired of Canadian books that come off as thought the writer is just trying to be "quirky".
It's tiresome.

I don't think this book is like that.
At least not so far.
So I'm giving it a chance to win me over.
We'll see how it all turns out in the end.

Update: I'm hooked. This book is really, really good.....

No comments: